This week I figured out what my research topic is going to be and went out to one of the sites to see what all needed to be done. Got to the Frenchtown site on Sunday and it was over grown with lots of gopher holes everywhere. Tony and I both tripped because of them. We then started taking measurements and realized we were going to have to do it all over again when we got everything cleared. Also found out that the map we had only went half way through the cemetery and so we spent some time figuring out what went where and free hand drawing it in. Monday we went back to the site with Tony’s lawnmower and while he mowed we checked ahead for hidden foot stones. Tony got his mower stuck in a gopher hole and we had to push him out. He finished mowing just before the rain hit. Tuesday I started my paper and I am currently over 1300 words in just on the history of ground penetrating radar, site description, and methods. I know its a work in progress and will be revised again and again but its good to get a jump on everything. Going forward I guess my next goal is getting permission from the tribal council to do my research on the Flathead Indian Reservation (FIR) and help Carl get his grid set up and data collecting started.